At Fairfax & Roberts, we create beautiful works of art that will be loved and worn for generations to come. Our jewellers and designers are master craftsmen who lead the way in creating unique and incredibly beautiful pieces that both honour our heritage and interpret contemporary trends. We search the globe for the world’s finest gems and combine these with award-winning designs to turn stones and metal into individual works of art – pieces that will create memories from the moment they open the box, until the day they pass it along.
Experience the meaning of
truly luxurious jewellery
Step into a world
of unparalleled luxury
Surrounded by the finest brands, our jewels are housed in our Art Deco showroom on Castlereagh Street. Step through our doors and relax with a glass of champagne, as you browse through our incredible range. Our expert design staff are on hand to discuss your jewellery needs, and can help you find or design the perfect piece for any occasion. We encourage you to touch, feel and try on our pieces while you’re with us, and visit our on-site workroom where our master craftspeople create Australia’s finest jewels.
Fairfax & Roberts pieces
are handcrafted in our
Jewellery can only ever be as good as the designers and craftspeople bringing our client’s visions to life. Our master jewellers are the finest in the industry – accomplished craftspeople who have undertaken many years of training devoted their careers to the pursuit of perfection and can perfectly translate our designer’s sketches into exquisitely beautiful jewellery. We also seek out and nurture the most promising new talent to preserve the art of handcrafted fine jewellery for future generations.
We’ve been adorning Australia’s
finest with divine jewellery
When Fairfax & Roberts first opened its doors on Sydney’s George St in 1858, a journey of luxury bespoke jewellery began. One of our early achievements, in 1873, was the design and production of the iconic tower time piece that still marks Sydney’s Central Station. Over our 160-year history, we have crafted treasured possessions and heirlooms for Princes, Governors and many of Australia’s finest families and we are proud to say that many of our earliest pieces are still in use today. From our earliest days as fine watchmakers, our uncompromising standards of craftsmanship and the timeless sophistication of our designs have defined our brand. This heritage informs our standards and drives us to create the finest in hand crafted luxury jewellery that is meaningful now, and into the future.
We only select the world’s
finest, ethically produced
As a responsible jeweller, we have strict standards when it comes to sourcing our rare and precious gems. We purchase only from suppliers who rigorously enforce labour and environmental standards and we actively seek improvements in the diamond industry to encourage ethical sourcing.
We are Australia’s
only member of the Diamond
The Diamond Development Initiative (DDI) is an international group that’s working to support small-scale diamond operations around the world. Fairfax & Roberts operates a zero-tolerance policy towards the use of conflict diamonds. We support measures including the Kimberly Process, which tracks diamonds from mine to market, and partner with the UN, governments and NGOs to prevent the trade of illegal diamonds. Our efforts mean you can have complete confidence that every Fairfax & Roberts piece has been created responsibly, without causing harm to humans or the environment.
Unique collaborations allow us to bring you more
Our commitment to excellence leads us to seek out other brands and designers who share our passion for incredible quality and bespoke design.
We partnered with Australian artist, Martine Emdur, on The Artist Collection
An exquisite and truly uniq ue jewellery range that explores the depths and colours of the Australian landscape. View this beautiful range in our showroom on Castlereagh Street, Sydney.
Proudly Supporting Black Dog Institute
1 in 5 Australians experiences mental illness in any given year, and about half of all people will experience mental health problems at some stage in their life. Donations made will be directed towards education and awareness activities and supporting innovative research into new clinical solutions for all Australians. You are helping Black Dog raise vital funds for:
- Research into Suicide prevention and clinical treatment.
- Expand our education programs to reach more communities, schools and health professionals.
- Development of apps and websites to serve as real-time mental health tools so people can manage depression, anxiety and stress at their own pace
Our event collaborations have seen us work with some
of the most notable luxury brands in the world
Our collaborations will continue to be an integral part of the Fairfax & Roberts story. They drive our ongoing innovation by allowing us to create fabulous collections and amazing one-of-a-kind pieces, and to work with inspirational brands and artists on events for the delight of our customers.
Meet the Fairfax & Roberts Team
- “Thank you to you and the team for creating such an amazing piece for me while making it such an enjoyable experience. I cannot recommend Fairfax & Roberts enough to my friends.”
- “Just emailing through to thank you and your team for a great effort in working with such a tight deadline. The piece came up amazing!”
- “I just wanted to say thank you for the effort you putting into the design and make of my necklace. It is so beautiful and elegant. It is perfect. Thank you again”
- “I’m so delighted with the ring. It’s just so much more beautiful than I could have dreamed.
Thank you so much for making our engagement and wedding so special”
- “She didn’t see the ring until I pointed it out, said what I needed to say and got down on one knee which is when it hit her - she was ecstatic and said yes straight away! Very happy, thank you for everything you played a huge part in the day!”
- “I couldn’t be happier with where we’ve landed and the experience that you created for us when we visited. You have my most emphatic endorsements whenever there’s anyone looking for a jeweller”
- "Thank you for crafting our rings that will be worn for the rest of our lives.”
- “Thank you for the important part you played in helping make our engagement and wedding day so very special”
Become part of the Fairfax & Roberts story
You’re welcome anytime at Fairfax & Roberts. If you’d like to speak with us about our story, our process, or our jewellery then please don’t hesitate to visit our store or contact us. You can speak with our design team on 02 9232 8510 anytime, or simply send us your details and we’ll contact you.