5 Top Maintenance & Care Tips
- Don’t wear your rings to the gym. Sweat makes them dirty and they could get caught on gym equipment. And while you’re at the gym, don’t lift weights with your rings on. Swinging a kettlebell with your rings on will result in scratches and deformation of the band. You look fab in your activewear anyway.
- While at home remove your rings prior to redesigning your home interiors or moving furniture. Heavy pressure can deform your jewellery and cause some serious damage. After all they are precious pieces, made with precious metals.
- Take your jewellery off at night prior to going to bed as constant rubbing against your sheets over time causes damage to claws, delicate links and fine detailing.
- Before you hit the ocean, or the pool, store your rings and bracelets safely. Pressure on your rings whilst getting in and out of pools can cause deformation, heavy abrasive marks and dents. Not only that, water can make them slip off more easily and some chlorine chemicals can tarnish the metal. You saw what it did to your hair as a child!
- Clean your rings, bracelets or necklaces regularly at home with a soft toothbrush after a soak in warm water and a little dish soap. Dry gently on a tea-towel.
To learn more about jewellery maintenance and our Jewellery Concierge service click here.